- Mathanga (Pumpkin) - 1/2 Kg
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup (Increase it according to your sugar level)
- Cardamom crushed - 6-7
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Raisins - 10
- Water - 1 cup
- Pressure cook pumpkin with 3/4 cups of water. Cool it and grind to a paste in a mixer.
- In a pan melt jaggery with 1/4 cup of water.
- Heat a sauce pan , transfer cooked pumpkin into it and strain and add the jaggery to it.
- Mix it well.When it boils , simmer the flame and add coconut milk to it. Mix it slowly.
- Let it boil.When small bubbles starts to come, off the flame and add cardamon to it.
- Now heat ghee in a small kadai, add cashews, when it starts to brown, add raisins, waits till in puffs up.
- Now pour this, with the ghee on to the payasam.
- Serve it hot.
I am sending this to Monsoon Temptations