Chicken - 1 Kg
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 2 Tsp
- Lime - 1
- Salt - as required
- Yogurt - 150 g
- Ginger paste - 1 Tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 Tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder - 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
- Green chilly - 2
- Peppercorns - 4-5
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 2-3
- Cinnamon - 1
- Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
- Onion - 1
- Tandoori chicken masala - 2 Tsp (I used Baadshah)
- Red Color - a pinch (Optional)
- Salt - as per taste
- Wash the chicken and keep it aside to let the water drain.Create 2-3 slits on each sides of the chicken pieces.The knife needs to touch the bone which means the slit is nice deep. This will help the marinade to penetrate into the chicken.
- In a bowl squeeze 1 lime , and the remaining items of marinade 1. Mix all the ingredients.Now add 1 chicken piece at a time. Massage the marinade well into the pieces.Refrigerate it for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a mixer add all the ingredients for marinade 2.
- Now take the chicken from refrigerator. Now in another bowl pour little marinade 2 into it. place some chicken pieces into it. Immerse chicken into the marinade. Repeat the process until all the chicken pieces are immersed in the marinade. Give the bowl a another shake,tightly close the lid.
- Refrigerate it for at least 6-8 hrs or one whole day. For more time you marinate the better it tastes...
- The next day , take out the chicken at least 1/2 hour before. Preheat oven ( I have IFB microwave oven) to 230 C. Clean the grill rack and also cover the round baking tray with silver foil (to collect the dripping oil and masala)
- Grease grill rack with butter/ghee. Take out the chicken pieces one by one from the marinade, drip off the excess marinade from the chicken pieces and place it on the grill rack.Place the grill rack on baking tray covered with foil.
- Now carefully place the tray into the oven. Set the oven to 230 C again and bake it for 30 minutes. When its 15 minutes, pull the tray out and turn the chicken pieces and brush it with butter/ghee. Place it back into the oven .bake it again . Bake it till the chicken is cooked. Serve it hot. with lime slices......
- The temperature of the oven may vary .
- Chicken should be hard outside and juicy inside.
I am sending this to Monsoon Temptations