- Sardine ( Mathi) - 1/2 Kg
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Shallots (Cheriyaulli) - 1 cup (Do not choped it)
- Tamarind - 1 lemon size (Soak in a cup of water)
- Tomato(Cut into 4 pieces) - 2 Medium
- Green Chilli - 3
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 3-4 Tsp
- Garlic - 3
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Dry Red chilly - 2
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Coconut Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Clean the fish and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a chatti/ sauce pan. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and dry red chilly. Saute for a minute.
- Add shallots,garlic and ginger to it.Saute till it leave its raw smell. Add turmeric and chilly powder. Mix well for a minute.
- Now add tamarind pulp, tomato and salt. Close the lid and let it boil and cook.
- When tomatoes are cooked , open the lid and add the fish pieces to it. Mix well.Close the lid and cook the fish for 5 minute.
- When the gravy starts to bubble add in the grated coconut and curry leaves to it.Mix well.
- Close and cook for 5 - 10 minutes on slow fire till the gravy becomes thick.
- You can use any fish for this curry.