Can make upto 20-25 small Nankhatai's
- Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Ghee / Dalda-1/2 cup (melted and cooled)
- Baking Soda - 1/2 Tsp
- Cardamon Seeds - 5-6
- Almonds(Badam) chopped- 8-10
- Powder sugar and cardamom seeds in a mixer and keep aside.
- In a bowl sift together maida, baking soda and powdered sugar-cardamom mix.
- Add chopped almonds into the bowl.
- Now add the melted ghee /dalda , 1 Tbsp each at a time and mix together to form a dough.
- Knead the dough with your finger tips until it starts to come together.
- Rest the dough for about an hour .After one hour preheat the oven to 170C.
- Make balls of small size and then roll them smooth and place it on an ungreased baking tray/cookie tray.
- Bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes.
- If you feel the dough is sticky, add 1-2 Tbsp of flour and knead again.
- If you add more flour, nankhatai's would turn out hard.
- There is no need for the nankhatai's to change it color while baking.
Recipe Source : Easy Cooking