- Peechinga/Pottikka skin (Ridge Gourd) - 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Shallots (Cheriya ulli) - 6
- Tamarind - size of a small lemon
- Ginger - 1/4 Tsp
- Garlic - 4
- Green chilli - 1
- Red chilly powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Wash and clean peechinga. Peel of the skin and cut them into medium size.
- In a pan heat oil, fry peechinga skin. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add grated coconut, and fry till light brown.
- To this add shallots,tamarind,ginger,garlic,green chilli and red chilly powder. saute for 1 minute.
- Keep it aside to cool. Grind it to a paste in a mixer/grinder. Also add salt and curry leaves to it.