Fruit Custard or rather Fruits Salad with custard is one of the easiest dessert anyone can prepare. This is a very creamy delicious dessert with a crunch of fruits in between. This can be best served as a party dessert, for get togethers or parties for a large crowd.Basically you can add any fruits , but it tastes much better with fruits like bananas, apples, mosambi, orange, grapes, mangoes, pineapple and pomegranate.
You can prepare the custard ahead by boiling milk and adding custard powder to it and allow it to cool, chill it and just add in cubes of fruits available to it.When guests arrive, surprise them by serving it chilled with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, fresh cream or even whipped cream. Can also be garnished with dry fruits or glazed cherry on top or drizzle honey on top of a scoop of ice cream. So, here goes the recipe....
- Milk - 2 cups
- Vanilla custard powder - 3 Tbsp
- Sugar - 4 Tbsp or to taste
- Mixed fruits cut into cubes - 2 cups or more to tastes of your choice ( I used apples, bananas, grapes and pomegranates)
- In a bowl take 1/4 cup of milk , mix the custard powder to it and make a paste. Keep aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a thick bottomed pan on low fire, when it comes to boil, add in the sugar. Let it dissolve .
- Now add in the custard mix and keep stirring and cook for 3-4 minutes or until it thickens to a creamy texture. Switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely to a room temperature. Refrigerate it.
- Chop and refrigerate the fruits just an hour before you serve it.
- To serve, add a required amount of custard in a bowl, add the chopped fruits.
- Garnish with dry fruits, glazed cherries , whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve chilled and enjoy................
- Do not boil the custard for too long, as it has a tendency to burn.
- It should be a creamy/ slight runny consistency, as it will get thickened after refrigerating.
- Add the fruits just an hour before you serve it.
- When you add citrus fruits, add it fresh while serving because, it will make the custard watery.
Sending this to 50 Sweet and Savory Holiday Recipes + Add yours to win a surprise Giveaway! by Siri
Sending this to cook-with-comfort event by Sapana