- Cabbage - 1/4 Kg
- Onion - 1 small
- Green chilly slit - 3
- Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves - 1-2 Sprigs
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Split urad daal - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chilli - 2
- Coconut Oil / Oil - 2 Tbsp
- First remove 2 or three outer leaves of the cabbage and rinse under running water.
- Shred (julienne) the cabbage into very thin pieces.Rinse again under running water for 2 to 3 times and drain it.
- In a bowl, add the shredded and drained cabbage, grated coconut, chopped onion, green chilly, curry leaves, turmeric powder and salt.Give it a slight mix with your hand.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add split urad daal and dry red chillies.
- Now add the cabbage mix to it .
- In the same bowl, add 2 Tbsp of water, mix it and pour it to the pan. Mix well and cook it closed with a lid, until done.(Water should get fully absorbed).
- Serve with steamed rice at lunch.