Kovakka / Tindora in one veggie which we all love to have at home, whether it is fried, or mezhukkupuratti. It is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Beta-carotene. This can be served as a side dish with rice or rotti.
- Kovakka / Tindora / Ivy Gourd - 1/4 Kg
- Onion finely sliced - 1 small
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 Tsp
- Cumin crushed - a pinch
- Garlic crushed - 3
- Curry Leaves 1 sprig
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut Oil /Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cut the kovakka/tindora into fine round slices.
- In a bowl mix in kovakka/tindora, sliced onions, turmeric powder, pepper powder , curry leaves and salt.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, add the mix in it. Sir for a minute and cook closed. Check in between, do not burn it.
- Add a little more oil if needed.
- When cooked, off the flame and add crushed cumin and garlic.
- Serve with rice , chappathi.