My First try on a baked pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So let it be a simple one................
- Bread Slices (I used Milk Bread)- 6
- Eggs - 3
- Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar powdered - 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder - 1 Tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew Nuts chopped , Raisins & Tutti Fruity - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 45 gms
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease your baking dish with butter and keep aside.
- Butter one side of the bread slices generously. Cut into 2" cubes.
- Layer it in the baking dish with buttered side up.
- In a bowl beat the eggs one by one. Then add milk, powdered sugar,vanilla essence and cinnamon powder. Mix well.
- Spread some dry fruit mix. Then pour the custard mix slowly onto the brad slices.
- Let it soak for about 15 - 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of it.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40 - 45 minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- You can use sweet bread, milk bread, butter bread, tutti fruity bread etc
- If you want you can cut the edges of the bread slices. I left it like that itself..
- The pudding is moderately sweet, but if you like it super sweet, use more sugar.
- You can also use jam on another layer of bread, or any sweet spread which you like.
- You can also add walnuts.
- You can also use left-over breads