For the Poori's
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 2 cups
- Salt - as per taste
- Water - as needed
- Oil- for deep frying
- In a bowl , mix wheat flour and salt. Now add water as needed and knead into a soft dough, by kneading continuously for 5 minutes. Do not keep it to rest , as you do it for chappathi's.
- Make small balls from the dough.Now with a rolling pin, roll each of the small dough into round circles. Do not make it too thin. Remove excess flour before dropping into oil.
- Heat oil for deep frying, in a deep pan. Drop one poori, at a time. Keep pouring hot oil on top, for the poori's to puff up.Also turn the other side.
- Serve hot with Potato Bhaaji.
Recipe for Potato Bhaaji
- Potato - 4 Large
- Carrot - 1 Large
- Onion Sliced - 2
- Ginger chopped- 1" piece
- Green Chilly - 4-5 Slitted
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Urad Daal ( Splitted/ if not whole) - 1/2 Tsp
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Pressure cook potato and carrot, with 1 cup water, salt and turmeric powder for one to two whistles.When the pressure releases , slightly smash them roughly and heat again till you get a thick gravy.
- In a kadai, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add urad daal, curry leaves. Saute. Add onion , ginger, green chilly. Saute till onions are pink. Also add a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add in the cooked potato-carrot mixture. Combine the masala well.
- Cook till the gravy thickens.
- Serve with Hot Hot Poori's...............