- Bread (Normal) - 1 Packet (10 -12 Slices)
- Onion - 2
- Carrot - 2 small
- Potato - 4
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Chilly powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1/4 Tsp each
- Salt - as required
- Curry Leaves - 2 Twigs
- Coriander Leaves - 2 Tbsp
- Bread Crumbs - 1 - 1 1/2 cups
- Oil / Butter - for frying
- Boil potato & carrot with little salt. Smash (Not to a paste) and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add fennel seeds, when it leaves the aroma , add finely chopped onion . Saute it well till it turns pink.
- Add ginger garlic paste saute it , add the masala's one by one with salt to it. Mix it well.
- Now add the smashed potato and carrot mix to it.Mix all the ingredients.
- Remove this mixture to another bowl and add the bread crumbs , curry leaves and coriander leaves. check the salt too.
- Mix all the ingredients to a smooth dough.
- Now cut all the bread slices to a desired shape (I used an oval shaped cutter)
- Now place one bread slice in the cutter, spread some some in your hand, take a handful of aloo mix and press it onto the bread to that shape. Remove from the cutter.Repeat the process.
- Heat some oil (Shallow Fry) in a tawa, place the pieces with the aloo tikki side facing tawa. Fry it.
- While you are about to serve toast the bread side.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
also to Monsoon Temptations