- Yogurt/Curd - 1 cup
- Lady's Finger /Okra /Vendakka - 1/2 Kg
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - as required
- Cumin Seeds/Jeera - a pinch
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Wash and pat dry Lady's Finger /Okra /Vendakka . Cut the top end of each one and slice into uniformly round pieces.
- In a bowl mix turmeric, red chilly powder and salt with a teaspoon of water and make a paste of it.
- Add the cut lady's finger /okra /vendakka pieces into the bowl and mix well with a spoon, so that the masala gets well coated.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan/ kadai, with oil. Fry the masala coated okra/vendakka on a medium flame.(Do not burn it).
- When the okra/vendakka is fried, lower the flame and add jeera/cumin seeds. Off the flame and add asafoetida to it. Mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Take yogurt/curd in a serving bowl and mix with enough salt. When the okra/vendakka is cooled, add this to curd.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
Linking this to Healthy Diet Event - Heart Healthy Recipes of My Cooking Journey & Priya's Versatile Recipes also to SIC–South Indian Cooking & Anu's Healthy Kitchen