Are you tired of sautéing and then grinding for chutney.... when you are in a hurry to go office??? Here is an easy recipe for a chutney you can make at home for idly or dosa...
Source - Rak's Kitchen
- Onion chopped - 2 small
- Kashmiri Dry Red Chilly - 8-10 (Depending on your level)
- Garlic - 3 - 4 flakes
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Salt - as needed
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Urad Daal - 1 1/2 Tsp
- In a mixer grind onion, red chilly, garlic, curry leaves and salt with 3 Tbsp of water to a slightly coarse paste.
- Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp of oil, splutter mustard seeds and then add urad daal.
- Pour ground paste to it , mix well and let it cook for a minute. Off the flame.
- Finally sprinkle asafoetida.
- Serve hot with idli or dosa.
Linking this to Healthy Diet running at Nandoo's Kitchen and Priya's . Also to Come, join us for Breakfast