- Cherupayar / Green gram - 1 cup
- Chena / Elephant Yam - 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1.4 Tsp
- Rec Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Garlic roughly crushed - 3 flakes
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Jeera /Cumin seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Green chilly - 3
- Coconut Oil/ Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 3/4 Tsp
- Dry red chilly - 2 - 3
- Pressure cook green gram and yam with turmeric , salt and red chilly powder with required water. Wait for 3 whistles.
- Open and mash the cooked green gram and yam with a spoon to a rough texture. (If water is excess, let it absorb but not fully, a little is needed) As shown in the pic.
- Meanwhile in a mixer grind the ingredients to a coarse paste under "To grind".
- Add this grind mixture to the cooked daal. Add curry leaves and roughly crushed garlic.
- Heat oil and temper the items as given in 'To Temper". Pour this onto the curry
- Serve hot.
Do check out recipe of Shahi thukada/thukara @ Cook Click n Devour, i loved the simplicity of this recipe.
Sending this to 1st anniversary celebration with giveaways ! of cook click n devour, WTML June 2014 hosted By The Big Sweet Tooth event by Gayathri