Hi friends.... i think it is now almost two months that i have not been blogging. After i was back from Kerala.. i was feeling really lazy to type , post and even cook special for m blog.Did i really ignore my blog??? i feel yes.I wanted to cook some dishes and post for Vishu, but unfortunately at home here was no internet connection for a month. I have prepared this special pineapple pachadi for Vishu,(luckily i took these beautiful clicks) which i had written it down in my cook book long back. It is really a special one...the sweet and sour blend of pineapple and plantain just lifts your taste buds, also it has the richness of the added dry nuts in it.
This can also be served a dip too..
- Ripe Pineapple - 1 Big
- Ripe Plantain(Kerala Banana) - 1/2 of 1 Big One
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Water - as needed
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cashew Nuts - 25 gms
- Grapes - 1/4 cup
- Mustard - 1/2 Tsp
- Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Crushed Mustard Seeds- 1/4 Tsp
- Coconut Oil (Must) - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 3
- Curry Leaves - 2 to 3 Sprigs
- Raisins - 1 Tbsp
- Cut pineapple into very fine pieces.Cut the plantain into two from the middle lengthwise and then cut into small pieces.
- In a sauce pan, put both pineapple and plantain. Then to it add turmeric powder , red chilly powder and salt. Add a cup of water to it. Mix well.Then cook it closed. In between give a stir.
- Add water if not enough to cook to soft.
- When it is cooked and water is absorbed, add sugar and cashew nuts to it.
- Stir it continuously on medium flame.You can see that the sugar is getting caramelized and colour changes(let it be light brown in colour).When it is dried remove from heat and let it cool.
- In the meanwhile, in a mixer just crushed grated coconut and mustard seeds.
- Wash the grapes and wipe with a cloth.
- Now when the pineapple-plantain mix is cooled add the coconut mix and grapes to it and mix gently and combine.
- To temper heat a kadai, add coconut oil,when hot, add mustard seeds,let it crackle
- Add dry red chilly , curry leaves and raisins. When raisins puff up , off the flame and pour this over to the curry.Mix well.
- Finally add the crushed mustard seeds.
- Serve with rice , or even as a spread.. You can even call it as a Chutney.....
Check out other dish with Pineapple
Linking this to Lets cook for father's day