And this will be my last post under "Meatless Dish".. I was thinking what next??? Then in my mind came the famous HOT AND SPICY...GOAN dish Pork Vindaloo, i have never tasted the dish... Only because its a challenge i thought i will go for the vidaloo.. recipe..
Here goes a small description about the origin of the dish.It is globally known as a Goan Dish. the name 'Vindaloo' is derived from the Potugese dish, a meat dish, usually pork, with wine and garlic. the Goan's substituted it with vinegar and kashmiri chilly for the masala paste. Goan are known for pork and sea food recipes... They cant even think of a day without non-veg. Here lets divert the mind to be a bit veggie..
So here i present before the Fiery Version(not so spicy yet), with Mushrooms and Potato...
BM#31 Week 1 Day 3
For the Vindaloo Paste
- Kashmiri Red Chillies - 12
- Coriander seeds - 1(1/2) Tbsp
- Peppercorns - 5
- Cumin - 1 Tsp
- Cloves(small) - 4
- Ginger - 2" piece
- Garlic - 12
- Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
- Vinegar - 2 Tbsp
For the Curry
- Button Mushroom - 200 gms
- Potato - 3 small
- Onion 1 medium
- Green chilly - 2
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 4
- Peppercorns - 6-8
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Coriander - 1 Sprig
- Water - 1 cup
- Grind the spices for 'Vindaloo Paste' in a mixer and keep aside.
- Clean and keep button mushrooms.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and and deep fry the potatoes. Drain and keep aside.
- Now if the oil is more, pour in a steel bowl and keep, from this heat 3 Tbsp of oil, in the pan. Fry the whole spices ie. cardamom,cloves and peppercorns. Let it leave its aroma.
- Add onions, fry till golden brown.
- Add the Vindaloo paste and saute for 10-15 minutes, until it leaves oil from its side. Cook on low fire.
- Now add green chillies. Saute for a minute. Now add the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms get coated with masala.
- Add water , close the lid and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Let it thicken.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Before serving add the fried potatoes and serve with hot steamed rice, or any roti's of your choice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#31