- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Fennel seeds ( Perumjeerakam) - 1/4 Tsp
- Onion - 2 small
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
- Meat masala - 1 Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 twigs
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt - as per taste
PreparationFor the dough
- Boil water with salt in it. Add the boiled water to the rice flour little by little and mix well with a spatula. Keep it aside till its warm enough to knead with the hand.Sprinkle a little bit or a teaspoon of oil and knead the dough until its not sticky.
For the filling
- Heat oil, add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, when both crackle add onion, salt, turmeric and chilly powder.
- Saute it well for 5 mins. Add coconut, mix all the ingredients, saute it till dry. Add meat masala, curry leaves mix it and keep it to cool.
- Make a small ball with the dough , place it in your palm, press it with other hand and make it thin. Place 1 Tsp of the filling and little coriander leaves chopped . Now roll it back into a ball. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and the filling.
- Steam the masala unda's in a steamer/appachembu for 10-15 mins or until cooked on a medium flame. Serve it warm.
- I used Nirapara pathiri podi for the dough. Quantity of water may vary as it depends upon the flour. You will get around 25 small unda's with this quantity of dough.