- Chicken - 1 1/2 Kg
- For Marination
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 1 Tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Roasted coriander powder - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 Twig
- Sliced Onion - 6 Large
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Green chilly - 3
- Curry leaves - 5-6 leaves
- Tomato - 2
- Garlic crushed - 10
- Ginger crushed - 1 small piece/ 1 Tsp
- Fennel seeds(Perumjeerakam) - 1/2 Tsp
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Ghee - 2 Tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 small bunch
- Coconut Oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Ghee- 1 Tsp
- Onion - 1
- Curry Leaves -2 Twigs
- Roast the coriander powder to this colour on low flame.Do not burn it.
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, red chilly powder,pepper powder , roasted coriander powder , salt and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add sliced onion, red chillies. Saute it well until it leaves its raw smell and changes its colour.
- Add sliced tomato,curry leaves and add the marinated chicken and water to chicken.Mix all the ingredients well.
- Close the lid and cook chicken on high flame. When the chicken is almost cooked and is soft add crushed ginger, fennel seeds, crushed garlic and 2-4 curry leaves. Mix well and cook for 2-3 mins and off the flame.
- In a frying pan heat coconut and ghee. When hot add chopped onions and 2-4 curry leaves. Fry it until brown and with the oil pour it to the curry and add coriander leaves on top.