- Cherupayar /Green gram split without skin- 1 cup
- Water - 2 cups
- Jaggery - 3/4 Kg
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Thin coconut milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Cardamom - 6-8
- Cashew nut - 10
- Raisins - 10
- First heat a pan and dry roast cherupayar. Boil it with water and smash it.
- In a bowl boil jaggery with 1/2 cup of water.
- Pour the jaggery and thin cococnut milk and bring it to boil.
- Check the sweetness. Add cardamom to it. Stir well. Keep the flame low and slowly pour in the thick coconut milk. Mix well and heat it for 3-4 mins. Remove from heat.
- In a small kadai add ghee, heat it through in cashews fry them and let it turn brown.Add raisins and let them puff up. Remove this tempered ghee and add it to the above cherupayar paayasam and stir well.
Note : Adjust sweetness according to your wish.
I am sending this to Cooking With Seeds Event - Yellow Moongdal of Manju's Kitchen and to