This is a very easy recipe which i tried yesterday, actually i had something else in my mind , which was something out like a preserve powder, but somehow it ended up like this. But when i served it all were.. Is it only this much you prepared... its really spicy and tasty..So all where having it very kanjoosly.. with lunch.. checking if,it will get finished soon.... So do lemme know if you too try it...would love to hear...
- Shark / Sravu - 1/4 kg (Can use any meaty fish)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut oil - for shallow frying
- Onion - 1
- Green chilly - 2
- Ginger crushed - 3/4 Tsp
- Garlic sliced lengthwise - 4-5
- Thengakothu / coconut pieces - 1 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Dry Red Chilly - 2
- Coconut Oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Wash and clean shark with salt water. Remove the skin. Cut into small pieces.
- Marinate it with turmeric, red chilly powder and salt. Keep for 1/2 hour.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the pieces. Do not fry it too crispy (softer inside ). Add little curry leaves while frying.
- When cool enough to handle, just shred the pieces with the knife roughly.(Do not make it perfectly cut).
- If you have the remaining oil in the pan use it or add 1 1/2 Tbsp of coconut oil and throw in the mustard seeds to crackle. Now add the dry chillies and 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Now add crushed ginger , green chilly and thengakothu (coconut pieces) to it. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the roughly chopped fish pieces and garlic to it . Mix well. Cover and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
Check out the other Fish Recipes....