A very easy and simple breakfast served with steamed plantain garnished with ghee and sugar...
- Rice semiya - 2 cup
- Onion - 1 big
- Carrot - 1 big
- Ginger chopped - 1/4 Tsp
- Green chilly chopped - 4 to 5
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry Red chilly - 4
- Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
- Split Urad Daal - 1 Tsp
- Peanuts - 1 handful
- Oil - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tsp
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Prepare rice semiya as per packet instructions. While draining add a pinch of salt and a tsp of oil to it.( Tip not to make noodles stick together).
- Heat oil in a kadai/ pan , splutter mustard seeds.Add split urad daal , peanuts, dry red chilly and curry leaves. Saute for a minute.
- Now add sliced onion, ginger, green chilly ,carrot and salt. Saute till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the prepared rice semiya and mix well. Add curry leaves for garnish.
- Serve hot.
- If you need colour, you can add a pinch of turmeric powder.