Rava Dosa is crepe made from semolina and flavored with coconut,onion and curry leaves. It is a favorite dish at my home served hot hot. If i forget to soak rice for dosa,but still need to satisfy the craving for it, then Rava Dosa is the answer as it does not require fermentation or any advance preparation.hurray!!!
- Rava / Sooji / Semolina - 2 cups
- Onion chopped - 1
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves roughly chopped - 2 sprigs
- Salt - as needed
- Water - as needed
- Oil/ ghee - as needed
- In a bowl, mix rava, grated coconut, curry leaves , onion chopped and salt. Make a batter with enough water to a consistency dosa batter. Keep the batter aside for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a tawa or a non-stick pan, stir the batter with a spoon, pour a ladle of the batter and spread in a circular motion.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle few drops of oil on top and flip dosa.
- Dosa read to be served with any chutneys.