- Onion - 2 medium
- Tomato (well ripe) - 2 Big
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder - 1 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 2 Tsp ( adjust according to yours)
- Asafoetida (Kaayam) - a pinch
- Water - 1 Tbsp
- Heat a kadai, add oil, add chopped onion to it. Saute till the onion turns pink and soft.Add chopped tomato. Saute and let the tomato cook well.
- Add turmeric,kashmiri and red chilly powder. Saute for 1 minute.Off the flame add asafoetida(kaayam). Keep it aside to cool.
- In a mixer , add the onion-tomato mix,salt and water. Grind it to a smooth paste.
Linking this to Lets cook Preserves, Jams and Chutneys of Simply.food