This is an easy , cream and mild vegetable curry made in every homes in Kerala, when there is any special function...
- Onion sliced - 1 big
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
- Potato cubes - 4 medium
- Carrot cubes - 1 big
- Ginger chopped - 1 Tsp
- Green Chilly - 6
- Cinnamon Sticks - 2
- Cardamom - 1
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Shallots - 5 thinly sliced
- Curry Leaves - 1 Sprig
- Ginger finely chopped- 1 pinch
- Pressure cook potato, onion, carrot, green peas , ginger and green chilly with enough salt and 3/4 cup of water for 2 whistles.
- Release the pressure and add curry leaves, cardamom , cinnamon sick. Let it leave the flavour .
- Slowly add the thick coconut milk and mix well. Do not boil. Just heat on low flame. Off the flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the chopped ginger, sliced shallots and curry leaves. Let the shallots brown.
- Pour it onto the curry.
- Serve hot with appam , Idiyappam or soft bread.
- Use can also use pepper powder and lessen the amount of green chilly.
- To make it more rich you can add cashew paste after adding coconut milk.
Check out combos for this vegetable stew..
Linking this to South Indian cooking hosted by Nandoo's kitchen , an event by Anu and to WTML hosted by Motions and emotions event organised by Gayathri's Cooks Spot