Do you have left over bread in our fridge...Here is an easy tea time snack for you.. Just mix it up with boiled and mashed potato and masala's and deep fry to golden brown...
Recipe adapted from :Drools...
- Bread slices - 8 - 10
- Potato - 4
- Green chilli - 2
- Onion - 1 big finely chopped
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 - 1 Tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped - 1/2 cup
- Sal - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Wash and boil the potatoes, peel and mash it. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Dip the bread slices in water and squeeze out the water in it. Crumble it with your hand and add it
- to the mashed potato.
- Add the other ingredients to the bread potato mix and combine it well to a smooth dough.
- Take lemon sized ball from the mix and shape them into round or oval shapes. (You can smear some oil in your palm to prevent from sticking). Keep this aside for 30 minutes. (When you put the warm balls into oil it might break open and absorb oil.)
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry the balls in hot oil, until golden brown. Drain on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any dips you wish.
You can also try other potato dishes