- Idly Rice - 2 cups
- Poha / White Aval - 1/4 cup
- Butter milk - 3-4 cups
- Cooking Soda - 1/4 Tsp
- Oil & salt - as required
- Soak washed rice and aval together in butter milk overnight.
- In the morning, drain the excess buttermilk if any and grind to a smooth batter like idly/dosa batter( A Bit watery than idli/dosa batter/ but not too loose).
- Mix salt ( I used 1 - 1 1/4 Tsp ) and cooking soda. Mix the batter well.
- Heat a non-stick pan/dosa tawa and pour a laddle full of batter, drizzle oil. Do not spread the batter, cook it covered on a medium flame for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Super soft spongy dosa ready hey!!!!!!!
- Serve hot with spicy coconut chutney and sambar.
- No need to flip the dosa.
- If no holes are formed in the dosa, Do check the consistency of the batter, if its too think or too thin holes will not be formed.
- Or add a bit more of cooking soda.
Linking this to Healthy Breakfast of Nandoo's kitchen