For the second day of BM, i thought of a breakfast dish, which is very easy to make. This is also a dish contributed by the vellyamma.. The appams are soft inside and a little crispy around the edges.
BM#31 Week 3 Day 2
- Ponni Rice/ par boiled rice - 1 cup (Soaked for at least 8 hours or overnight)
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds crushed - 1/4 Tsp
- Green chilli chopped - 2
- Cheriyaulli chopped (Shallots) - 4-5
- Salt - as needed
- Grind soaked rice in a mixer to a batter similar to dosa batter, by adding water little by little.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add all the remaining items.Mix well. Check salt.
- Heat a deep kadai, smear little oil, pour a ladle of the batter, sprinkle little oil on the sides of the appam. Close the lid and cook on both the sides.
- Serve with any curry of your choice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#31
Also Linking this to Healthy Breakfast of Nandoo's kitchen