- Boiled potato - 5
- Oil - 2 Tsp
- Onion chopped- 2 small
- Green chilly - 6-8
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Ginger chopped - 1 1/2 Tsp
- Curry Leaves chopped - 2 twigs
- Spinach (Green Cheera) chopped - 1 cup
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Maida (All purpose flour) -1 1/2cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Red chilly powder - a pinch
- Fennel seeds (Perumjeeragam) - 1/4 Tsp
- Peel off the skin and smash the boiled potatoes. Keep aside.
- In a pan , heat oil and fry onion , ginger , green chilly and curry leaves. When it changes it color add turmeric powder and salt. Saute well.
- When onion is cooked well , off the flame add spinach(Cheera) , mix well and close the lid.
- Mean while in a bowl mix all the items for the batter. Add required amount of water to make a paste ( Batter should be enough to form a nice well coating).
- Open the lid, mix cheera and also add smashed potatoes .
- Combine potato mix well and make small balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the potato balls in the batter and drop into hot oil.
- Place on kitchen tissues, to remove the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with tea....
I am sending this to Monsoon Temptations