My second post for the "Meatless dishes" theme... is the veggie version of the Famous Nargisi Kofta.. Nargisi Kofta is a Noth Indian dish from the Mughalai cuisine.The name 'Nargis' comes from the resemblance to a flower named Narcissus, a winter flower grown in India.When the kofta's are cut into halves, it resembles the flower. In the meat version it consist of ground meat mixture wrapped around hard boiled egg.Here i have replaced the meat mixture with paneer and egg with potato. It have served it as starter.
BM#31 Week 1 Day 2
- Paneer - 1/2 cup
- Bread Slice(crust removed) - 2
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Milk - 3 Tbsp(optional)
- Potato Boiled - 1
- Green chilly - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Lemon juice - half of lemon
- salt - a pinch
- All purpose flour - 3 Tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilly powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Oil- for deep frying
- In a bowl, mash paneer and bread . add salt and pepper powder. Mix it well and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.(If it is too dry , add milk little by little. Mix and keep).
- In a bowl mash the cooked potatoes , add green chilly, salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder. Mix well and make two balls of it.(Like egg yolks)
- Divide paneer mix into two. shape each into flat(round and not thin).
- Place one potato ball inside , roll it carefully to an egg shape. Prepare the next one also.
- Heat oil for deep frying. In a plate mix all purpose flour and chilly powder. Coat the paneer koftas with the mix. (just dusting is enough).
- Drop in hot oil, fry it golden brown.
- Cut into halves and serve hot with tea, coffee..
End Result: The texture was good and it was a good filling for stamoch.....
Linking this to Healthy Diet–Lunchbox Recipes and Priyas Versalite Recipes
Linking this to Back 2 School Event of Kachuss Delights