Kappa Puzhukku is one of the authentic dish ,which every person who grew up in Kerala would miss when they are out of their nests........ It is unbeatable with Meenmolakittathu.....
This is also called as the common man's diet and kallu shaaaaap Favourite.....
- Kappa(Tapioca) - 1/2 Kg
- Water - 2 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Coconut oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 Tsp
- Dry red chilli - 4
- Garlic- 5-6
- Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves 1-3 Twigs
- In a cooker boil water with salt and turmeric powder . Add roughly cut kappa/tapioca into it. Whistle for 3-4 times or until cooked. (But it should no be too much cooked).
- When cooked drain of the water and keep aside.
- In a kadai heat oil, add mustard seeds, dry red chilli, curry leaves , off the flame, add boiled kappa, coconut and garlic to it.
- Mix it well and keep it closed until to be served.
- Serve hot with meenmolakittathu, pickle, green chilly chammanthi........etc